Keeping your Bathroom clean is extremely crucial if you want to maintain healthy hygiene and a good lifestyle. This is because we spend a good deal of time in washrooms. Moreover, if you have younger children at home, you should take extra care in maintaining the cleanliness of your Bathroom.
However, we often find it difficult to maintain a clean bathroom because of our busy schedule and hectic life. Cleaning your Bathroom is a very tedious job for everyone, be it new moms, working professionals, or busy entrepreneurs. Having a dirty shower head is often one of the problems of not regularly cleaning the bathrooms.
Are you worried about having a messy and dirty Showerhead in your Bathroom? Do you have no clue how to clean a sloppy showerhead? If you have no idea how to clean a showerhead, this is the post you must go through carefully.
There are several ways to clean a dirty shower head. However, using bleach is one of the easiest and most cost-effective ways to clean the shower heads of our bathrooms at home. Let us go through the details of how we can clean and maintain a shower head in the Bathroom using bleach.
How To Clean Shower Head With Bleach
Bleach is a potent yet toxic substance that can cause many injuries and accidents if you’re not careful with it. Hence, if you decide to clean your showerhead with bleach, make sure to follow these steps, to be safe, and to ensure a thorough cleaning:
Safety Measures To Be Taken While Using Bleach
Bleach is a powerful chemical agent and requires you to take suitable safety measures while dealing with it. If you have smaller children at home, it is wiser to not use bleaching agents anywhere near them as children are quite curious and may end up causing any severe accidents. While using bleach to clean a shower head, you should make sure not to expose your skin to bleach. Skins can form serious infections or rashes if they come in direct contact with bleach. Always make sure to prepare yourself and gather essential pieces of equipment to protect your skin from bleach.
After you are all ready and well prepared to clean the showerhead with bleach, it is imperative to think about the steps thoroughly. As you are dealing with a corrosive chemical, it is vital that you go through the correct procedure and don’t just jump right into it.
Therefore, there are a few things you must make sure of so that you are safe during cleaning:
- It is mandatory to have good quality rubber gloves which you must wear while cleaning.
- Always wear a protective mask that protects your eyes and prevents you from sniffing all the nasty fumes that go directly inside your lungs.
- There should be ample fresh air coming in, so make sure to open your windows while you clean.
- Keep plenty of water handy before the process begins.
- Always make sure that your kids, pets and older adults are out of the way and do not enter the bathroom while you are cleaning.
- Using diluted bleach is better, as an undiluted one can be pretty strong. Hence, always mix the bleach with an equal proportion of water.
- It cannot be emphasized enough how important it is to read the safety instructions behind the product before you begin cleaning.
- If, in any case, you feel uncomfortable during cleaning, stop right there, walk out, and gasp for some fresh air. Call up a doctor if you don’t feel better after a few minutes.
Using Bleach is one of the best ways to clean debris and build-ups from your shower head. Bleach is very easily available anywhere globally, so you do not need to spend a lot of money to clean your bathroom shower head. As Bleach is a potent and powerful chemical agent, you are advised to take all the precautionary measures mentioned above while using Bleach to clean your shower head. Follow all the steps mentioned above, and you are good to go on your cleaning adventure on your own.